INTRODUCING: THE 90 DAY BLUES ACCELERATOR CHALLENGE
Going Live From April 5th
You're invited to join a group of passionate bass players for a 90-day deep-dive into the Blues.
Blues is the foundation for almost all other styles of popular music
Mastering the fundamental Blues structure and forms gives you the foundation to play bass in many other styles of music and build your general musicianship.
If you're keen 'to get out there' and start performing or jamming live with other musicians - Blues is the perfect getaway from the practice room to the stage!
You'll be learning how to implement my Six Module Blues System so you can:
● Understand how to create & jam your own Blues bass lines.
● Learn how to use passing notes, scales, triads, turnarounds, and create interesting and expressive Blues riffs in the real world.
● Leave the tab behind and start creating bass lines in the moment.
● Go from playing your very first Blues bass lines to confidently jamming in any key.
● Learn (and record) 6 legendary Blues songs, along with the unique techniques behind each of them
● Practice important skills such as transposition, fingerboard knowledge, bass line creation and music theory which can be applied to every single style of music.
● Discover how the Blues greats from Tommy Shannon to Donald Duck Dunn, Jack Bruce to Willie Dixon create their Blues bass lines to world class hit records.
● Understand how to play and create Blues bass lines inspired by legendary Blues artists such as Stevie Ray Vaughan, Eric Clapton, Cream, BB King, Quincy Jones/Ray Charles & Gary Moore.
● And much more...
TOPICS WE'LL COVER IN THE 90-DAY BLUES ACCELERATOR
● The fundamentals of how to play 12 bar Blues sequence and forms - in different tempos, keys and styles
● How to support the band both rhythmically and harmonically as a Blues bassist.
● How to keep the song pushing forward with the right energy.
● Developing sensitivity to the music and an authentic Blues feel to your playing.
● The role of note length and how to use tension and release.
● How to make playing the Blues fun, playful, exciting,
● Conveying attitude and emotion with your playing
● Effortlessly transposing the Blues into different keys
● Understanding the technicalities of how to play riffs, turnarounds, introductions, fills, run-ups and endings in the context of Blues.
● Creating a slow 12/8 feel without rushing or speeding up
● The foundations of incorporating Walking Bass into your Blues bass playing
● And more...
Once you've got these foundational Blues skills you have a springboard to every other style of music (because any style of music is made up of sequences and forms).
And because of the relative simplicity of the forms, Blues is just such a great way to absorb this kind of CORE musical knowledge.
The kind of core knowledge that allows you to get through a gig in a variety of songs and styles without breaking a sweat.
And that's what the challenge gives you.
The skills to express yourself and be confident with a bunch of different situations that could be thrown at you on a Blues jam session
The simplicity of the music means it's so easy for even beginning bass players to "sit in" and not be intimidated
Blues is ideal for getting that first step out of the practice room or the bedroom into the stage and jamming with other musicians.
You'll have a sense of what's coming in the song (no need to have every note memorized because you will instinctively know what's coming up and respond on the spot with confidence)